[PyKDE] eric3 + MacOS X + qt designer.app

Boris Gordon bozgordon at mac.com
Sun May 16 18:00:05 BST 2004

On 15/05/2004, at 7:56 PM, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2004 05:01 schrieb Boris Gordon:
>> Greetings -
>>
>> I am very happy that eric3 is now running great on my mac but I would
>> like to try to solve a problem with qt designer integration.
>>
>> How can I integrate qt designer ($QTDIR/bin/designer.app/ package on
>> mac) with eric3 ?  I can create a shell script that launches designer
>> using the open command but can't get anymore integration than this (ie
>> when I double click on a form in a project it will launch designer but
>> not open the form i clicked.  I can't seem to pass command line
>> arguments to designer.app.
>>

> Please try the following.
>
> In the File UI/UserInterface.py in the method "handleDesigner" please
> add
> the following lines after if statement testing for win32.
>
> elif sys.platform == "darwin":
>     designer = designer + '.app'
>
> Maybe you have to adjust the second line. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar
> with Mac OSX.

On Mac OS X .app is an executable package (a directory) and the
executable is somewhere within so the best solution seems to be just to
put a shell script called designer in $QTDIR/bin/.
Mine has the following :

#!/bin/sh
echo $@
exec /Developer/qt/bin/designer.app/Contents/MacOS/designer $*

Seems to work fine now.
---
Boris Gordon