[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.11rc1 release

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 12 06:26:00 BST 2004

On Tuesday May 11 2004 14:40, Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina
wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:17:41AM -0700, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > > Playing around here, I've discovered that this only
> > > happens with rc1, alpha6 works fine, and I can't for the
> > > life of me figure out what the difference is between
> > > alpha6 and rc1.

> > I don't recall any link changes and only very minor
> > unrelated changes to configure.py since alpha6. Karsten (who
> > also replied

> This problem appeared on alpha7, but I failed to report it.
> I'm sorry. I recall building it for PPC and then running the
> example code. It fails when trying to import kdeui (can't find
> libkdefxcmodule) or kdefx (can't find libkdecore).
> Alpha6 worked without problems, both built with "configure.py"
> instead of "build.py".

I've been trying to think of what might have caused it and why I
don't see the problem here (I've had the same problem in the
past, but not now).

The only thing I can think of is that because sip4 no longer
imports recursively (ie each module only had to list the "most
recent" dependency, not all dependcies), I've had to list all of
the imports in the top level modules. There were no other major
build changes - just code fixes, casts, etc. I'd have thought
explicitly specifying the imports would have improved things.

There's no problem in adding "import" code in the various k*.py
modules for sip3 - it's just a little code in the top level
files and sip4 will ignore it.

The next release (rc2) has some major bug fixes and should be
considered a "mandatory" upgrade (will require a more recent
version of sip3 or sip 4 too), so I'll put the add'l imports in
for that release. I'm hoping that'll happen by the end of the
week.

Jim