[PyKDE] Python crash with qtsql.QSqlDatabase

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at slac.stanford.edu
Tue May 4 01:49:01 BST 2004

Not sure if this is a Qt bug or a PyQt bug but I am getting a crash on the last line of the following session (db.open()):

>>> from qt import *
>>> from qtsql import *
>>> a = QApplication()
>>> import sys
>>> a = QApplication(sys.argv)
>>> db = QSqlDatabase.addDatabase('QMYSQL3')
>>> db.isOpen()
False
>>> db.open()

Granted, I am trying to open the database without specifying the host, the name or the user id but I was expecting an exception.

Running on Windows XP, SIP 4 (snapshot-20040411), PyQt 3.11 commercial, Qt 3.3.1 academic.

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335