[PyKDE] PyQT on HP-UX 10.20 with gcc-Environment

Timo Schüring timo at eda-solutions.de
Wed Mar 17 02:07:01 GMT 2004

Greetings to all,

I am currently struggling to get PyQT Working on an HP-UX 9000-780 machine.
So far I had not much trouble to get it running on Linux and Solaris.

The compilation itself does not show any problems, just you
to have to disable thread support and Qt is fully functional.

However,  importing the shared libraries (libsip,
libqtcmodule) will result in a coredump which we can follow
back to segmentation faults of malloc commands in obmalloc.c
( from qt import * => segfault)

Does anyone have successfully installed PyQt with the following
revisions or discovered similar problems?
[Could not find much on the Web.... ]

(Qt version 3.2.2 , Python 3.2.3, PyQt 3.10, sip 3.10,gcc-3.2.3 ,binutils 2.13.1)
On this platform, only the HP-linker is usable (gnu ld is not supported)

Any help appreciated....

Regards,
  Timo