[review] [PyKDE] gcc3.4 pykde kde 3.2.3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jun 29 07:42:00 BST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 21:49, Aaron Peterson wrote:

> KDE base directory is /usr/kde/3.3
> KDE include directory is /usr/kde/3.3/include
> KDE lib directory is /usr/kde/3.3/lib
> KDE version is 3.2.90 (0x3025a)

> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KCalendarSystem is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

The basic problem is there is no kdecore-kde330.diff (or kdecore-kde3290.diff)
file in sip/kdecore, so when configure.py constructs kdecoremod.sip, it only
uses kdecoremod.sip.in, which is the base set of files from KDE 3.0.0. It
doesn't add the new files added with later versions (which is what the *diff
files do - bad extension name choice). KCalendarSystem is new in 3.2.0, but
the kcalendar.sip files aren't being included in the build, so that class is
undefined.

I should probably patch for that if it make sense to do it.

There are a couple of ways you can hack this to make it work (there are
probably more things that'll go wrong, but all of them are in configure.py),
but it's probably easier to either:

a. Get PyKDE from KDE-CVS. It should be in kde-bindings in both the beta1
(you'd need to find the exact name) and HEAD branches, or

b. I can send you a tarball that will build against KDE 3.3.0 assuming you
have KDE 3.3.0 built from CVS or the beta1 release (or a similar set of
files), since that would have all of the new 3.3.0 classes and methods.

Simon has successfully built the CVS stuff against 3.3.0beta1, but I haven't
tested compiling or running my source yet, as I don't have 3.3.0 installed
(sip generates files successfully though).

I'll probably release a 3.3.0beta1 compatible snapshaot in a few days - I'm
still vacillating about whether I should actually test it first, meaning I'd
either have to wait for RPMs or build it. Otherwise, it appears to be
complete.

> 509 332 7697

Hey! Somebody in my area code! (I'm near Chelan).

Jim