[PyKDE] eric3 and x86_64

Rick L Vinyard Jr rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu
Sun Jun 27 23:19:00 BST 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 02:12 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Sunday 27 June 2004 12:14, Rick L Vinyard Jr wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 June 2004 11:30 am, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >
> > But, rebuilding sip against the qt libs rather than qt-mt seems to
> > resolve everything... and now the eric snapshot is working (and I would
> > guess the released versions of eric as well). Why? I haven't a clue, but
> > it does.
> >
> > I'm going to modify the sip ebuild, and if it works out, I'll post a
> > patch and a bug-fix for amd64 at bugs.gentoo.org.
>
> Your patch will make it impossible for amd64 users to build or run PyKDE,
> which requires qt-mt.

Actually, I haven't filed a bug report yet. After getting further segfaults in
eric, I don't think I've identified the real problem, and switching to qt
from qt-mt wasn't a real solution (but it did get the main eric interface
running... unusable, but running).

Once again, I'm not sure where to proceed from here, but I'll try the
following:
	(1) Back out sip ebuild changes and rebuild with qt-mt
	(2) Rebuild PyQt
	(3) Try Phil's ed.py again

--
Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.