[PyKDE] Intro + question on where to stick finger

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Jun 23 20:51:00 BST 2004

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 11:58 schrieb Mike C. Fletcher:

>>* adding cvs-on-server
>>support -- as far as I can tell, eric's CVS support only works with
>>local repositories.
>>

>That is not correct. It works with remote repositories as well. You have
>to prepend the protocol to the repository path (as you would do using
>the cvs command, which is actually used by eric3)

Okay.  I'll take a look at this the next time I boot into Linux and see
if I can make suggestions on how to make it obvious how it works for
remote repositories (I'm assuming you mean that I should use a form such
as :ext:mcfletch at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pyopengl as the repository
path?)

>You can add a directory to the project and all files with the selected
>extension will be added.

Okay, consider that off the list then.  I was looking for an open or
import a package as a project, rather than adding the files within the
package to a project.

>>* drag-and-drop -- as with single-instance operation,
>>when I drag a file from Konquerer onto my IDE, I want it to open the
>>file.  I assume this will be a fairly trivial task once I figure out
>>KDE's model for D&D.
>>

>That part is still on the todo list.

Okay, I'll take this and single-instance operation to be the top two
things to focus on.

Take care,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher