[PyKDE] User feedback about Eric3, the comeback

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jun 23 19:42:01 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 17:26 schrieb Nicola Larosa:
> A couple other points (same versions as in the first part):
>
> 1) The Edit | Goto Line... (Ctrl-G) command does not accept more than
> two digits anymore, while it accepted at least four in an earlier
> snapshot. One can get more than two digits using arrows or arrow keys,
> but it takes a while to get to 900 by means of keyboard autorepeat.
> :^)

It accepts entries up to the maximum linenumber, i.e. if you have 899
lines and you enter a number starting with 9 it won't accept a third
digit (maximum value is 899). I hope, this explains your observation.

> 2) A proposal; the folding commands:
>
> View | Toggle all folds
> View | Toggle current fold
>
> are potentially useful, but really need keyboard shortcuts to be
> *really* useful. I assigned them Alt-A and Alt-C and now find browsing
> through long source files much more pleasant (memories of using Leo
> slowly fading...)
That's why the shortcuts can be defined by the user. I am running out of
standard shortcuts.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach