[PyKDE] eric3 possible annomoly ?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Jun 22 19:15:00 BST 2004

Hi,

thanks for supplying your little test app. I found the bug. The
correction will be in the next snapshot. In the mean time, the
workaround shown below will overcome the problem.

Am Montag, 21. Juni 2004 19:41 schrieb Dave S:
> Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2004 13:13 schrieb Dave S:
> >>Im using eric3.4.2 quite heavily & have found an annomoly.
> >>
> >>I write a simple test script, right click show>profile data, it is
> >>greyed out as expected ... :-)
> >>
> >>I 'Ps' run the script within eric3
> >>
> >>I now right click show>profile data, it is still greyed out - not as
> >>expected :-(
> >
> >I just tried to reproduce your problem with my testscripts and
> > everything was working ok. Please mail your script, which is showing
> > the described behavior.
>
> Sure thing ... its pretty simple ...
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> """
> A testbed app
> """
import sys

> def testbed():
>     print 'hi I am a test print'
>
> def test():
>     for a in range(100):
>         testbed()
>
> test()
sys.exit(0)

The last line causes the atexit handler to fire, which writes the
profiling data.

> Its not a great problem, I just shut down eric and re-start it. Then
> the datas there.
Exiting the client will fire the atexit handler as well.

> python 2.3.3
> qt 3.3.2
> pyqt 3.8.1
> qcintilla 1.2
> eric 3.4.2
>
> >>If I shut down eric3 &  re-boot it, right click show>profile data
> >> and it is there, click it and the profile data is there.
> >>If I then right click & "erase all info" the info stays on the
> >>display. Click OK, right click show>profile data, it is
> >>again greyed out as expected ...
> >
> >The "Erase ..." entries erase the profile and/or timing data on disk,
> > not the display. That's why the menu entry is grayed out.
>
> Ahh that explains it ...
>
> >>This is not a serious problem .. In fact with my steep learning
> >> curve it could be me not operating eric3 properly.
> >>
> >>Can anyone shed any light ?
> >>
> >>Dave
> >
> >Detlev

Detlev