[review] [PyKDE] pykde 3.11 final fails in kdeui code generation

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Jun 14 04:36:01 BST 2004

On Sunday 13 June 2004 14:26, current at myrealbox.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the error message:
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdeui module...
> /usr/bin/sip -x Qt_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -x Qt_STYLE_INTERLACE -t WS_X11 -t
> Qt_3_3_0 -t KDE_3_2_3 -j 2 -c kdeui -b kdeui/kdeui.sbf -I sip -I
> /usr/share/sip -I sip/dcop -I sip/kdecore -I sip/kdefx
> sip/kdeui/kdeuimod.sip
> sip: KDCOPActionProxy::actionMap() unsupported function return type -
> provide %MethodCode and a C++ signature
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

This bug will affect anyone building against KDE 3.2.3.

In sip/kdecore/kdecore-kde323.diff, delete the line:

  - %Include bytearray.sip

It should be the first line of the file.

Not sure how that got back in there, but it doesn't belong there
(bytearray.sip is  the file that defines the return type sip is complaining
about). Thinking about it, creating the docs (which I did after most of the
version testing) modified that file - obviously I need to fix that.

> Why is the related print line commented out? It would be far simpler, not
> having to uncomment it, to write this report. Verbosity isn't bad. :)

Not sure which print stmt your referring to - the one that would print out the
sip command line (only one I could find commented out)? It's not very likely
to be useful except for debugging configure.py.

I'll put out a corrected release within a day or two - I'd like to collect any
other obvious bugs that people find first.

Jim