[PyKDE] Re: Getpass problems with Eric3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 28 19:34:01 BST 2004

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2004 18:28 schrieb Douglas:
> Hi Detlev !
>
> > thanks for your help.
>
> Count on me ! I wish to help make eric3 the better python ide.
>
> Ah... Why the name of the editor is eric3 ??

When I took over I found a (dead) graphical debugger called eric. Maybe
Phil Thompson can explain this name. I made some patches to get it work
with Qt 3 and added some enhancements. At that time Phil transfered all
further development to me and with the (big) change from a graphical
debugger to a Python IDE I called it eric3 (short for Eric Version 3).

> > This brought me on track. There is a missing 'import Utilities'
> > statement. I have just uploaded a new snapshot that fixes the
> > problem. There wasn't a compatibility problem with existing
> > configuration files.
>
> Ok ! Now i can use my old config files :)
>
> See Ya !

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach