[PyKDE] Re: Getpass problems with Eric3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 21 19:21:01 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2004 02:55 schrieb Douglas:
> Hi !
>
> Im running this code on Eric3 and im getting error mensages...
>
> The code------->
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> #coding=iso-8859-1
>
> from getpass import unix_getpass
>
> host=raw_input("Server IP: ")
> user=raw_input("User Name: ")
> senha=unix_getpass("User Pass: ")
>
> ------------------< End Code
>
> It gives the error in the getpass line.
> When i run it in console works well, the error happens only in Eric3.

The "problem" here is that eric3 redirects stdin and stdout to a network
socket in order to talk to the debug server. unix_getpass does some
things with the filedescriptor that are incompatible with the socket. I
am unsure right now, if this can be fixed, but I'll look into it.

> Thanks for any help !

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach