[PyKDE] PyQT Solaris Importing Problem

Faulconer, Steven M. STEVEN.M.FAULCONER at saic.com
Wed Jul 14 21:46:01 BST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with PyQT on Solaris 9. System specifics:

Solaris 9 HW 12/03
Python 2.3.3
Sip 4.0.1
QT 3.1.2
Forte C/C++ Compiler 6 Update 2

All software was compiled with the Forte compiler. Everything compiles fine,
no serious errors. Installation works fine. I attempt to import qt, and I
get the following error message:

Python 2.3.3 (#1, Feb  9 2004, 17:07:32) [C] on sunos5
>>> import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file ./qt.so: symbol
__1c2k6Fpv_v_: referenced symbol not found

I had a similar problem in the past, though it was with Sip. I attempted the
same fix but it did not resolve the issue. Running ldd on all of the various
libraries does not show any missing libraries, and I tried using nm to
locate the symbol in a library but haven't been able to locate it. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steven Faulconer