[PyKDE] error while creating c++ code for kdeui module

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Jul 5 17:38:00 BST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 07:10, john smith wrote:

> sip version is 4.0rc2 (4.0.0)

> Generating the C++ source for the kdeui module...
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

I don't have gentoo installed anywhere, so the best I can do is guess at this.

I believe sip 4.0rc2 is too old for PyKDE 3.11 to build successfully. I think
rc3 or maybe even a slightly later snapshot is the minimum requirement, but
I'm no longer sure. At any rate, sip4.0 has now been released, so I'd suggest
upgrading to that (requires rebuilding PyQt as well, but the 3.12 version is
OK).

> kde 3.2.3 using gentoo 2004.1

configure.py is finding KDE 3.2.2, not 3.2.3, but I don't think that would
make a lot of difference, even if both are installed.

Jim