[PyKDE] Problems with QWidgetFactory

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 16:56:00 BST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 3:09 pm, Fredrik Juhlin wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2004 12.52, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > I'm very interested in people's experience of moving to SIP 4. Let me
> > know when you've completed your testing and I'll release 4.0.1.
>
> The only outstanding issue we have right now is a segfault when exiting the
> application. Running the app with a debug-compiled python reveals a
> "python: Python/pystate.c:423: PyGILState_Ensure: Assertion
> `autoInterpreterState' failed.". I'm not sure what could be causing it, but
> I'm compiling a PyQt with debugging turned on as I speak, hoping gdb will
> give me a clue (despite my feeble C/C++ skills.)

This usually happens when C++ is still "running", ie. C++ virtuals and dtors
are still being executed after the Python interpreter has been finalised. The
sip module is supposed to guard against it, but there may be one place where
it's not happening. Can you try the attached patch to see if it makes a
difference?