[PyKDE] PyQt and PyKDE on Mandrake 9.2

Randall Sanborn agrath at agrath.com
Sun Jan 25 12:52:00 GMT 2004

I'm trying to install PyKDE for slickbar on superkaramba. I'm getting
snagged on the PyQt build.

I've been having problems trying to get PyKDE installed on MDK9.1, so I
upgraded to 9.2 and they are still popping up. First, python couldn't
import libsip.so, I fixed that, then I was getting this error when I
tried to import qt manually in python,

  ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
undefined symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv

I read the readme.linux file and added,

  #define QT_NO_STYLE_SGI

  $QTDIR/include/qconfig.h

Then, I ran python configure.py on PyQt again, and ran make and got
flooded with errors like this.

  In file included from qtcmodule.cpp:197:
  sipqtQSGIStyle.h:50: error:

The error after error: varies but they all reference sipqtQSGIStyle.h .
I am a newb, so its probably something dumb, but I've spent quite a bit
of time to no avail on this and I've officially run out of things to
try.

Randall Sanborn