[PyKDE] Including database support in Qt runtime

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 21 03:04:01 GMT 2004

Hi all, I recently compiled Qt 3.2.3 under Windows XP and selected MySql and Oracle support as 'Direct' in Advanced Options.

The problem is that whenever a Qt or PyQt application runs it expects the MySql and Oracle runtime libraries to be in the search path.

We'd like to distribute our application to sites where only MySql, only Oracle, or neither may be installed.

Is there a way of getting around this? If I build Qt and specify the database drivers as plugins, will the PyQt build still have support for them?

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335