[PyKDE] KControl modules problem

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jan 18 22:00:01 GMT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:02:10, Simon Edwards wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:05 am, David Boddie wrote:
> >
> > Can you provide a backtrace, or even the module code?
>
> I wish I got a backtrace, then I would probably have it all worked out by
> now.
>
> :)

If you start kcontrol from within a shell then you may get debugging output.
Certainly, pythonize should be telling you all sorts of things.

> I've played with it a bit and appears to _not_ be a module problem per se.
> (I also got it to crash without the popen() call, but using vanilla python
> code.) I ran it all through valgrind and it appears to be a memory problem.
> I've also fixed a small memory (new/delete new[]/delete[] mismatch) in
> libpythonize.
>
> More info once I've tested the fix out.

OK. I tried to produce a version of the launching library which would allow
arbitrary shared library modules to be imported, but I'm beginning to suspect
that the application calls dlopen without the necessary flag set for this to
be possible.

I'll experiment some more and see if I can't force it to work somehow. ;-)

All the best,

David