[PyKDE] Basic sip problem

Jahn Otto Næsgaard Andersen jotto at jotto.no
Sun Jan 18 16:53:00 GMT 2004

Hello there,

I'm a bit lost when using SIP here. I am using Python 2.3.3, SIP 4.0rc2,
Qt 3.2.3 and PyQt 3.10.

I have a C++ class, ExaminerWidget, that is inheriting QWidget.

I have made the following sip file examinerwidget.sip (most functions
are omitted just to test if I can make this basic setup work):

---------------
%Module HoloLib

%HeaderCode
#include "examinerwidet.h"
%End

class ExaminerWidget : QWidget
{
  public:
    ExaminerWidget(QWidget * parent=0, const char * name=0);
};

------------

I have been using the tutorial at
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/siptute/ and PyQt's qbutton.sip
as examples.

As far as I understand, the sip tool will generate .h and .cpp files
that will later be linked together with my HoloLib library (in which the
examinerwidget resides).

I am getting the following error:

jotto at holodeck(~/work/py_hololib)$ make
/usr/local/bin/sip -s ".cpp" -c sipcode examinerwidget.sip
sip: examinerwidget.sip:4: parse error
make: *** [sip] Error 1

Is my sip file faulty?

Regards,