[PyKDE] PyKDE update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jan 4 08:53:00 GMT 2004

I feel like PyKDE is in kind of a mess at the moment - the 3.8
release has build problems that I never released fixes for, and
3.9 is in the works but not complete.

I had vision problems early in Dec, but it improved enough in the
last week or so to start on PyKDE-3.9 (and should be half fixed
after surgery Thursday), plus business distractions.

It seems a few minor sip 3.9 bugs that only affect PyKDE have
been cleared up and I've figured out how to do most of the rest
of the upgrade and just have to implement it. I also want to
switch to something compatible with sip/PyQt's new build system,
which looks very nice and in the long run will make PyKDE's
build system simpler and (hopefully) more reliable. The sip
3.9/PyKDE 3.9 changes will cover most of what's needed for sip
4.0.

I'm shooting for a release this month yet and will have a better
idea by the weekend, so I'll post another update then.

Jim