[PyKDE] eric3 preferences traceback, coredump on FreeBSD 5

David Niergarth dn at hddesign.com
Thu Feb 26 21:19:01 GMT 2004

I am trying to start using eric3 but am not able to set or adjust any
preferences in eric3 (eric-3.3.1 or eric-snapshot-20040218) without the
following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/UI/UserInterface.py",
line 1710, in handlePreferences
File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Preferences/PreferencesDialog.py", line 871, in setPreferences
NotImplementedError: QextScintillaLexer.language() is abstract and must
be overridden

Also eric3 always dumps core when I quit:

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./eric3

Here's my environment info:
  OS:         FreeBSD 5.1
  Python:     2.3.3
  Ot:         3.2.3
  PyQt:       3.10
  QScintilla: 1.2

All of the above were installed as FreeBSD ports.

Any suggestions?

David Niergarth