[PyKDE] Fonts of QLabels and QTextEdits

dan at tombstonezero.net dan at tombstonezero.net
Mon Feb 23 12:28:01 GMT 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:27:09 +0000,
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 February 2004 22:36, dan at tombstonezero.net wrote:
>
> > I'm running PyQt and sip 20040104, Qt/Mac 3.2.3, MacPython
> > 2.3.3, and Mac OS X 10.2.8.  I have two font-related
> > problems/questions:
> >
> > 1.  Why are all my QLabel fields smaller than my QTextEdit and
> >     QLineEdit fields?  It looks like the editable fields are
> >     picking up Mac OS X's default font, Lucida Grande 13, but
> >     that the labels are maybe only 10 or 11 point.  I don't
> >     call any font or style functions.

[ Question 2 deleted ]

> > Also, these questions seem more Qt related than PyQt related;
> > are they better asked on the Qt- mailing list?
>
> Yes, but pretend you are using C++ :)

That's a busy list!

No one answered my question directly, but it seems that I'm not
the only one who doesn't like the way Qt's Aqua style renders
various widgets.  See Jean-Christophe Godart's qt-interest posts
entitled "Widget size on Mac OS X," for example.  Trolltech says
that there are some known issues with Aqua and Qt 3.3.0, and that
they'll probably be fixed around 3.3.1 or 3.3.2.

HTH,
Dan Sommers

--
Dan Sommers (ΚΜΕ, ΣΠΣ)                             Keep it simple:
[ insert your own joke here ]               as simple as possible,