[PyKDE] Re: Segmentation Errors

Stefan Bund l-pykde.z.xalan at xoxy.net
Thu Feb 19 08:17:00 GMT 2004

Jacob Abraham <jakieabraham at yahoo.com> writes:
> Dear Tutors,
>     While building an application with python and pyqt
> I keep coming across Segmentation errors. Is it a

I can't know for sure, but I had the same problem. I used valgrind
(<http://valgrind.kde.org>) to find out more.

The Problem in my case was, that some intermediary object in a more
complex statement was garbage collected to early. After assigning the
intermediary result to a temporary variable to prolong it's lifetime,
the SEGV ceased.

I can warmly recommend valgrind, it's a *great* tool to find memory
related problems.

Hope this helps,

Stefan.

--
-- *DON'T* TRY TO REACH ME DIRECTLY AT ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS. Any reply
-- received off-list at that address will be *silently* and