[PyKDE] Error w/ Qt 3.2.3 and PyQt 3.10 (free version) on MacOS X

Dirk Zimmermann PyKDE-list at d1z1.de
Wed Feb 18 17:16:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

after building (compiling) of Qt 3.2.3 and PyQt 3.10 (free versions) for
the MacOS X. I started the example example3/tut1.py and I got the
massage:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tut1.py", line 6, in ?
    from qt import *
ImportError: Failure linking new module: /Developer/qt/lib/libqt.3.dylib: dyld: python version mismatch for library: /Developer/qt/lib/libqt.3.dylib (compatibility version of user: 3.3.0 greater than library's version: 3.2.0)

What does this actually mean? First I tried to build the Qt3.3.0-beta1,
but than PyQt didn't compile. I removed the whole directory. So, I don't
know from where the wrong library could come from? Could anyone help me?

Cheers,
    Dirk