[PyKDE] sips installation problem ...

hcohen2 hcohen2 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 01:07:00 GMT 2004

Doug Bell wrote:

>I run Mandrake - you should have a normal set of dot config files in
>your home directory.  I set $QTDIR in ~/.bash_profile
>
>You can also use the command:
>
>   $ ls -a
>
>from your home directory on a terminal window to see the files.
>
>Doug.

Doug,

Thanks, that's exactly what I did - the portion of the install using:
python configure.py went fine.

Now I have got to see what comes next.

On editing the bash_profile - I saw all of them including the bashrc,
and supposedly they were my files, yet when I attempted to even look at
them I came up with an empty file.

I made my changes, but I had to 'su' first.  Am I seeing things or am I
just going insane?

Herschel