[PyKDE] Solaris 9 / Sip problem

Faulconer, Steven M. STEVEN.M.FAULCONER at saic.com
Tue Feb 10 14:31:01 GMT 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with PyQT on Solaris 9. Here are the
particulars:

Compiler : Sun Forte 6 Update 2
QT : 3.1.2
SIP : 3.10
QScintilla : 1.54
PyQT : 3.10
Python : 2.3.3

I know my QT version is a little dated, but I don't have much choice since
one of the software packages we use (don't have the source for) relies on
3.1.x version of QT.

The problem:

Everything compiles and installs fine. When I attempt to import qt I get:

[ steven @ leopard ] : python
Python 2.3.3 (#1, Feb  9 2004, 17:07:32) [C] on sunos5
>>> import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/qt.py", line 24, in ?
    import libsip
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libsip.so: symbol
__1cG__CrunKpure_error6F_v_: referenced symbol not found

Now, I've looked around the net quite a bit but haven't been able to find a
solution. I noticed some problems back in July 2003 posted on this list, but
never saw a response with a solution. My concern is that the version of QT
(thus the version of the library) is too old to support the latest versions
of SIP/PyQT. Anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

Thanks.

Steven Faulconer