[PyKDE] KDE 3.2 and latest

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Feb 3 17:48:00 GMT 2004

On Monday February 2 2004 22:58, Mark Saward wrote:

> I've just been spending a while trying to get pykde working on
> my system, but then noticed that it isn't supposed to work
> with KDE 3.2_rc1.  Is there support planned in a version being
> worked on, or any releases that it does work with?  How long
> can I expect or hope before I'll be able to use it?

PyKDE is currently being brought up-to-date with sip 3.10/sip
4.0, which is probably more work than a KDE 3.2 compatible
version will be.  Since KDE 3.2 was just released, the next
PyKDE release will probably incorporate KDE 3.2 support.

Basically it will take at least 2 weeks to do the basic upgrades
and testing for PyKDE (including making the build system
compatible with the new sip/PyQt build system). It shouldn't
take more than a few days to add 3.2 support. There are a few
things I need to work through that could end up taking a little
more time, so it's hard to set a reliable release date, but
there will be a release as soon as possible and it will support
KDE 3.2.

Jim