[PyKDE] KDialogBase bug(?) with IconList and TreeList dialogFace

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Dec 29 06:21:14 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 21:15, Matt T. wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 December 2004 06:49, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 December 2004 11:25, Matt T. wrote:
> > > a = QApplication(sys.argv)
> >
> > Use KApplication instead of QApplication - works for me.
>
> yes, stupid me, of course, that was it. THANKS!

I've done any number of similar things.

> I had to add some code as you explained in the thread "KTrader woes?" Fri,
> 31 Oct 2003 (see below), assuming that setting KAboutData and KCmdLineArgs
> before calling KApplication () is still the recommended way of doing it.

You can use the code in templates/basic/basicapp.py. If you don't need
KAboutData, you can use the KApplication (sys.argv, "AppName") constructor.

> It is amazing how easy and fast developing a kde app is with pykde. I've
> done it with C++, and it takes a lot of writing, and now I can do the same
> with a few lines of code only, and it works the same. Now I will play with
> kprocess :-)

Let me know if you run into problems there - I don't have good test coverage
or example code for that part of PyKDE, although it should be pretty
straightforward.

> Thanks for making that possible!

My pleasure.

Jim