[PyKDE] Help with SIP

Claus, Richard claus at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 23 01:18:00 GMT 2004

I've built a package using C++ and SIP 4.1.1 (on both Windows XP and Linux) that can be imported and used from Python 2.3.4.  In a single threaded environment, without PyQt, it works as expected.  In a multi-threaded environment with PyQt, I observe the following:
1) When the package is built using SIP without the -g option, the program hangs at the point of calling the first virtual method resolved by a Python method.  The PyQt GUI is no longer updated or redrawn and the program must be killed.
2) When the package is built using SIP with -g option, the program appears to run correctly, but sooner or later a bomb box (on XP) appears with the Python message "this thread state must be current when releasing".

Can someone please offer some suggestions on how to debug this?

	Thanks,
		Ric