[PyKDE] Re: [Pyqt-mac-list] Re: Eric 3

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Wed Dec 22 14:46:29 GMT 2004

Jay,

Your path looks correctly set up to me. If you have the Pythonmac
extensions installed, that's important, as my Eric3 app bundle actually
makes use of the Python interpreter embedded in the PythonIDE. (That
will be corrected in the next release of the entire package.) Therefore,
it's not clear to me why Eric3 isn't seeing the Qt module, assuming that
you're running the Eric3 version from /Applications.

I'm wondering if the problem is, in fact, because you replaced the Apple
- -installed version of Python with your own framework build. My package
assumes the standard Apple installation, and I believe the PyQt source
assumes this also. I'm not an expert on the internals of framework
builds of Python, but my understanding is that ripping out Apple's build
of Python can break things in unexpected ways.

I'm copying my reply to the PythonMac and PyKDE lists: perhaps Jack
Jansen (MacPython maintainer) or Phil Thompson (PyQt author) can shed
more light on that aspect of your problem.

I'll also see if I can find out more on my end.

Regards,
Kevin