[PyKDE] kio.move and kio.copy missing?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Dec 6 20:51:05 GMT 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 14:10, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I cannot find the static methods kio.copy and kio.move in PyKDE 3.11.3.
> Sad news for my file manager... :)
> Is there some equivalent technique?

I can't find them either - do you know where in kio they exist?

I'd consider two alternatives: if you don't need progress info, Python
provides all the necessary machinery for doing copies and moves already,
either through shutil or just os.system and similar mechanisms.

Otherwise, the KIO::Job hierarchy (esp KIO::FileCopyJob) is available. I
haven't ever done anything with it so I don't have example code, but it
should be fully implemented.

Jim