[PyKDE] SIP issues.

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 09:50:28 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 8:51 pm, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When trying to wrap QwtPlot3D (http://qwtplot3d.sourceforge.net), I
> encountered several issues with SIP:
> (1) Problems in getting an (abstract) virtual operator() working. Finally,

Virtual (and abstract) operators are now supported in the current SIP v4
snapshot. Also operator() and the __call__ slot no longer require
%MethodCode.

> (2) Why does the PyName annotation only apply to functions?
>     class def { public: double yield; }; can only be wrapped if PyName
>     can also be used for class names and variable names.

You can now apply /PyName/ to classes, variables, enums and enum members.

> (3) Slots like __getitem__, __len__, and __setitem__ of a Python type
> defined in a SIP file do not show with dir() (dir([]) shows those slots).

I couldn't reproduce this. I suspect that it had already been fixed in an
earlier snapshot.