[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11.3 Release: rh90/rhel3 build failures

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 27 21:43:48 BST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 12:44, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> >>     PyKDE version 3.11.3
> >>            -------
> >>Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.2
> >>Python version is 2.2.2
> >>sip version is 3.10.2 (3.10.2)
> >>Qt directory is /usr/lib/qt-3.3
> >>Qt version is 3.3.2
> >>               ^^^^^
> >>## I have qt-3.3.3 installed, if that makes any difference
> >
> > I get that too - either we didn't rebuild PyQt or Qt reports its version
> > wrong (sip, PyQt, and PyKDE all cache some config data now, but each
> > "recomputes" its own data when built). However, I'm pretty sure I built
> > PyQt after installing Qt 3.3.3, since the setup is on a clean partition.
> > Shouldn't make a difference.

> OK, it does turn out that my build of PyQT was against qt-3.3.2.  Are
> you saying rebuilding it against qt-3.3.3 will fix this minor issue?

Turns out mine was against 3.3.2 also - I forgot I had installed the KDE3.3
beta on that partition before upgrading to the final, and the final insisted
on Qt 3.3.3.  Actually, sip's configure.py determines what Qt version is
installed and puts the value in qt_version in site-packages/sipconfig.py. So
you'd need to rebuild sip against Qt 3.3.3 (which uses the Qt libs too if Qt
support is enabled) and then rebuild PyQt.

Strictly speaking, that would be the safe thing to do.  Practically, it
probably won't make a lot of difference, but Murphy's Law still applies ...

> >>make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/tmp/BUILD/PyKDE-3.11.3/kdeui'
> >>g++ -c -Wno-deprecated-declarations -pipe -fPIC -O2 -w -D_REENTRANT
> >>-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUP
> >>PORT -I. -I../extra/kde330 -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/include/python2.2
> >>-I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
> >>  kdeuipart0.o kdeuipart0.cpp
> >>In file included from sipkdecoreKConfigBackEnd.h:31,
> >>                  from sipkdecoreKConfig.h:31,
> >>                  from sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.h:31,
> >>                  from sipkdecoreKIconLoader.h:30,
> >>                  from sipkdecoreKMimeSourceFactory.h:30,
> >>                  from sipkdecoreKInstance.h:32,
> >>                  from sipkdeuiKActionCollection.h:31,
> >>                  from sipkdeuiKAction.h:32,
> >>                  from sip/kdeui/kxmlguifactory.sip:96,
> >>                  from sip/kdeui/kxmlguifactory.sip:27,
> >>                  from kdeuipart0.cpp:22:
> >>sip/kdecore/klockfile.sip:75:33: sipkdecoreKLockFile.h: No such file or
> >>directory
> >
> > change line 75 to:
> >
> > #include <../kdecore/sipkdecoreKLockFile.h>
>
> Attached is the patch that works for me (when using sip-3.10.2)

Thanks for the feedback - I take it everything else compiled?

I'll wait a few days to see if any more bugs turn up and then do a new release
with the bug fix.

Jim