[PyKDE] Seg fault in QSqlDatabase

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Tue Aug 24 16:51:09 BST 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 20:56, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> I'm running the following Fedora packages from the kde-redhat project.
>

> sip-4.0.1 0.fdr.0.2
> PyQt-3.12 0.fdr.2.2
> PyKDE-3.11.1 0.fdr.1.2
>
> On Fedora Core 2:
> qt-3.3.3 0.1 (From core)
>
> Running this script:
> from qt import *
> from qtsql import *
>
> import sys
>
> a = QApplication(sys.argv)
> d = QSqlDatabase.addDatabase("QPSQL7")
> d.open()
>
> causes a seg fault.
>
> Fedora Core 2 uses PyQt 3.11 and sip 3.10.1 with the qt above also
> segfaults.
>
> Is the program wrong? Do I need a different version of Qt?

More information. I was able to compile a program in C++ that does basically
what the above does, but there is no segfault. This leads me to believe there
is a problem with PyQt.

I think I've tracked it down to QSqlDatabase.removeDatabase(), but I am not
certain as it will seg fault in other places. I'm working on getting the
-debuginfo modules installed so that I can view the core dump through gdb.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner at jonathangardner.net