[PyKDE] ANN: New eric3 snapshot

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Aug 19 17:24:19 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 18. August 2004 23:07 schrieb Douglas Soares de Andrade:
> Hi !
>
> Im testing the new snapshot and when i create a dictionary with 8000
> or more itens, Eric3 hangs a little and got so slow.
>
> I think the problem is when he try to plot the values in the debug
> browser...

First of all, (nearly all) the data for the whole dictionary is
transfered via the network socket to the IDE. Secondly, these values are
added to the debug browser. This needs some CPU cycles. I just tested it
on my machine with a dictionary of 8000 integers and I recognized a
little delay but it was bearable. But this depends on the power of your
machine.

> Is there a way to solve this ?

Not without redesigning this part. If we introduce watchvariables, you
could enter the variable names your interested in. Today, all data is
accessible. I am unsure, which one is the better way.

> See Ya !

Detlev