[PyKDE] Builing PYQT on OS X for Fink python

Ed garlic39 at es3.us
Wed Aug 4 22:32:01 BST 2004

I had the same trouble getting PyQT working on the Mac as Russle Howe
describes below.  An additional symptom was that "import sip" worked
for Apple's /usr/bin/python but not for Fink's /sw/bin/python. Fink's
python is first in my path and the one I want to use.

I fixed the problem by building sip with:

   python configure.py -p darwin-g++ INCDIR_QT=/sw/include/qt
          CC=gcc CXX=g++ LINK=g++ LINK_SHLIB=g++
          LFLAGS_PLUGIN="-bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"

I have Mac OS X Version 10.3.4, sip-4.0.1, PyQt-mac-gpl-3.12, and
python 2.3.3 from fink (/sw/bin/python, not /usr/bin/python).

There may be a better solution, but maybe this will help someone else...

-- Ed