[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11-alpha6 with sip4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Apr 26 22:57:01 BST 2004

On Saturday April 24 2004 11:27, Torsten Marek wrote:

I have a sip 4.0 environment set up now, so I've been playing
with it a little.

> - missing casts (can be solved by little script, as you
> proposed, actually, I used sed)

Fixed that here.

> - missing include of fixx11h.h
> 	It just does not get included. If I add it in TypeHeaderCode
> of fixx11h.sip, it will be included before the X includes,
> which makes it useless. Temporary workaround for kdecore: add
> #undef Unsorted
> to sipqtQDir.h

Just add #include<fixx11h.h> to the %TypeCodeHeader block in
KTempDir/ktempdir.sip. That inserts the #include in the proper
sequence. Ignore fixx11h.sip - it's unnecessary and does
nothing. Downstream modules will also pick it up correctly from
there if needed (or should).

You can suppress the KDE deprecation warnings by adding:

makefile.extra_cflags.append ("-Wno-deprecation-declarations")
makefile.extra_cxxflags.append ("-Wno-deprecation-declarations")

after the  "if extra_cxxflags ..." statement (around line 579) in
the generateCode(...) function in configure.py. I'll probably
add a switch for those, off by default.

There are some other warnings and errors turning up here - mostly
a few unused variables and similar stuff, but found one bug
(KConfigSkeleton::ItemDouble::value() should return double), and
am wondering about some of the sip-generated code returning
temporaries. I believe that's on the KShortcut VH methods you
had problems with earlier. I'll email Phil after I sort out what
are my errors and what I think are sip's - makes a much shorter
list.

Jim