[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11alpha6

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Apr 25 19:42:00 BST 2004

On Sunday April 25 2004 01:52, Troy Melhase wrote:
> > > Are there plans or is there any chance that kmdi will be
> > > included before the final release?  It would be nice to
> > > have that.

> > What's the earliest KDE version you need support on?

> > Doesn't look too hard - probably can do everything except
> > the two iterator classes and will take a closer look at
> > those.

> As far as I know, KMDI is new as of KDE 3.2.  Is there
> something I can do to get this in?  Write the SIP module,
> or... ?  I'm not familiar with the build process, but I'd like
> to help.

It isn't hard to integrate in configure.py. Most of the work is
creating the sip files, which is tedious to do manually for a
new module. I have a tool (presip) which does most of that
automatically if given a project file, but it's a little broken
at the moment due to changes in sip.

It shouldn't take me more than an hour or two to get it working
(doesn't appear to have any major difficulties).

What would really be helpful is to have an example app and/or
some kind of test code - preferably something simple that would
allow people (including me) to see how kmdi can be used. If
you'd like to think about that, I can try to have a PyKDE module
by the end of the week that you can write code against.

PyKDE could really use a lot more of that type of thing, because
there are still a lot of features that, as far as I know, are
untested by users.

Jim