[PyKDE] Next Releases of SIP, PyQt, QScintilla

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 11:32:01 BST 2004

While everybody is excited about the new release of PyKDE, I though it would
be worth outlining the immediate plans for the next releases of SIP, PyQt and
QScintilla. I want to make these releases sooner rather than later (ie. in a
couple of weeks rather than a couple of months). The intention is that there
will be non-snapshot versions of everything available that will support the
latest PyKDE.

QScintilla
Current snapshot: merged with latest Scintilla, runs under MacOS (it includes
a necessary patch to Qt), supports high level API to the Perl lexer, supports
multiple views onto the same document, already supported by the current eric3
snapshot.
To do: nothing.

SIP v3
Current snapshot: supports MinGW on Windows (but an apparent MinGW bug
prevents PyQt being built - use SIP v4 instead).
To do: nothing.

SIP v4
Current snapshot: supports MinGW on Windows, should build latest PyKDE.
To do: confirm it builds the latest PyKDE.

PyQt
Current snapshot: supports the current QScintilla snapshot.
To do: add the qtaxcontainer module (Windows only) to allow ActiveX controls
to be embedded.

Let me know if you think anything is missing, or have last minute requests.