[PyKDE] New PyKDE Release (alpha6) and Killing PyKDE 3.8

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Apr 25 00:09:01 BST 2004

On Saturday April 24 2004 13:01, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2004 18:46, Jim Bublitz wrote:

> > > libpythonize seems to be missing from the last tar ball.
> > > Will it be coming back?

> > I have disowned libpythonize :) Who's going to be
> > responsible for that is kind of up in the air at the moment.

> I really need it, so it looks like I just got the job.

Feel free to do anything you want with it - there isn't much to
it to begin with, and what little there is can probably be
organized better.

> > I'll pick it up eventually if no one else does, but I'd
> > prefer someone who's better at that stuff than I am to
> > handle that project.

> I'm not sure about that though. ;) Has anyone ever seen a good
> document explaining shared libraries, linking and dlopen()?
> which has enough depth so that you can understand and fix
> library problems?

No, but sometimes the Python newsgroup and others can be helpful.

I don't know a lot about it, but will provide whatever help I
can.

I've somehow arrived at the opinion that sip 4.0 will make the
threading issues easier to deal with, but I'm no longer sure why
I think that.

Jim