[PyKDE] Compiing pyKDE-3.11alpha5 on kde3.2.1

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Apr 23 20:08:00 BST 2004

On Friday April 23 2004 06:24, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> Hi,
> Trying to compile pyKDE-3.11alpha5 I got this error message:
> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KPty is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

> I found something for this problem on the ML but didn't work -
> and seemed to applied already-
> Could you help me please?

Check PyKDE-3.11alpha5/kdecore/kdecoremod.sip for the line:

    %Include kpty.sip

near the end of the list of files. If you're building on
KDE>=3.2.0 it should be there. If it isn't, you can try adding
that line. If you're building on KDE < 3.2.0 it shouldn't
matter.

It would be helpful to have the output from running configure.py:
sip, Qt, PyQt, and KDE versions you're using plus the platform
you're running (Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, etc).

Jim