[review] [PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11 snapshot -- build error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 22 23:05:00 BST 2004

On Thursday April 22 2004 10:53, Steven Robson wrote:
> I'm getting the build errors attached when building the
> recently released PyKDE snapshot.
> Other info:
> Slackware 9.1, python 2.3.1, sip 3.10.1 (3.10.1-192),
> PyQt-x11-gpl-3.11.
>
> I did python configure.py -c
> followed by make > makeop 2>> makeop

That certainly looks awful, doesn't it? Two problems:

1. PyKDE-3.11alpha5 is missing the directrory extra/kde321, so
you're missing some h files

I build the tarballs from a script (lots of cruft in the version
on my HD), and forgot to include that directory in the tarball.
For now,  create the extra/kde321 directory and copy the entire
contents (incl subdirs) of extra/kde320 to it. I think that
should work, as there are few if any changes between the
versions for the h files affected.

Alternatively, if you have the kdelibs source for KDE3.2.1, you
can build extra/kde321 using the same files (but 3.2.1 versions)
as in extra/kde320.

The next release will have this fixed.

2. SuSE and RH don't require the 'typeid' include, but apparently
Slack does. Change kdecore/kconfigskeleton.sip to look like this
(add the #include <typeid>)

class KConfigSkeletonItem
{
%TypeHeaderCode
#include <typeid>
#include <kconfigskeleton.h>
%End

Thanks for the info - I don't have a Slack system to test on and
there always seem to be small problems that come up.

Jim