[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11 snapshot

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 22 18:03:01 BST 2004

On Thursday April 22 2004 03:58, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Did you manage to fix the strange type errors in the
> *menudemo.py and possibly even the kurldemo.py issue, I
> reported 03/17 to you and Phil?

Yes - the menudemo problems occurred because the specific action
classes (like KToggleAction) were moved to a new file
(kactionclasses.h) in KDE 3.2, and the slot arguments require
sip macros, which weren't done. The kurldemo error came about
because of the sip changes from %MemberCode to %MethodCode and
operator changes. I'm not sure exactly what the bug was, but I
just stole code for KURL::List from qstringlist.sip more
carefully and kurldemo works for KDE 3.2.1 now.

Thanks for the bug reports, by the way - they were very helpful.
Thanks also to whoever reported KURL:List problems a year or so
ago and motivated me to write the test code in the first place.

> > I'll be doing more testing against different distributions
> > and KDE versions and adding KDE 3.2.2 support over the next
> > couple of days, and should have another snapshot available
> > when that's completed. The final release still needs updated
> > docs and a few other minor details cleaned up. I also
> > haven't tested the

> You may detail them to allow others to work them out for you..

I hope a few people will do some testing on these early releases
- the earlier testing some people did made finding bugs a lot
easier.

Jim