[PyKDE] Segmentation fault while creating two QApplications

Bruno da Silva de Oliveira bruno at esss.com.br
Tue Apr 20 15:40:00 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a segmentation fault on a RedHat 9 system while trying to create QApplications in sequence.

Python 2.3.2 (#1, Nov 15 2003, 19:07:05)
[GCC 3.3] on linux2
>>> from qt import *
>>> q = QApplication([])
>>> q.quit()
>>> del q
>>> q = QApplication([])
X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0xea
X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x102
Segmentation fault

This same code works on perfectly Windows. In case anybody is wondering why I would like to do something like that, we use this to create unittests for our GUIs. Here are the my Qt and PyQT versions:

>>> qVersion()
'3.2.3'
>>> PYQT_VERSION_STR
'snapshot-20040104'

Is this a known bug? Anybody knows a workaround that allows me to create QApplications in sequence?

Thanks in advance,
--
Bruno da Silva de Oliveira
ESSS - http://www.esss.com.br