[PyKDE] Memory leak in QFileDialog?

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 10 05:29:01 BST 2004

I am experiencing memory leak like behavior when I use the instantiation method of opening a file with QFileDialog under Windows XP.

Attached is a modified version of the application.py script. If I click on "Open File" toolbar icon and escape out about 8 times then the task manager memory usage increases by about 1Kbytes.

I tried deleting the object after usage but that didn't change the outcome.

If I go back to using QFileDialog.getOpenFileName instead then I don't observe the memory increase.

I ran one of the Qt C++ examples that use it in a similar fashion and I don't see the memory leak there. The example is: C:\qt\3.3.1\examples\network\networkprotocol

Unfortunately I can not use the getOpenFileName way in my application since I am adding custom widgets to the file dialog window.

I am using SIP4 (snapshot-20040317), PyQt 3.11, Qt 3.3.1.

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98