[PyKDE] Eric3 on Debian Sid (broken?)

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Fri Apr 9 03:03:01 BST 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 09:09:24AM -0700, Cevven3 wrote:

> I don't have libsip.so.10 on this computer, so its
> right there. A quick search of the Debian packages
> reveals that libsip.so.10 is only available in two
> packages:
> python/python2.3-sip-qt2 and
> python/python2.3-sip-qt2-mt
> I cannot seem to install either as they conflict with
> python-qtext, which seems to be required.
>
> More background, these helped someone else on this

Please, refer to:

  http://bugs.debian.org/242412

for an explanation of what's happening right now with sip/PyQt packages.
Short story: unmatching versions of the packages on the repository. You
should get PyQt 3.11 from my personal repository, as explained in the
bug. If you ever need to revert to a previous version of a package, not
present anymore on the repositories, please look at
http://snapshot.debian.net