[PyKDE] SegV

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 22:06:01 BST 2003

I'm running a self compiled PyQT-GPL-3.8 against Python-2.2.1 and Qt-3.1.1 on
a SuSE-8.1 box. I'm getting a SegV. The code is this:

---
from qt import *

class Model(QObject):
    def __init__( self, *args ):
        apply( QObject.__init__, (self,) + args )
        self.currentImageList = []

    def slotInsertImages( self, imageList ):
        self.currentImageList.extend( imageList )
        for image in self.currentImageList:
            print image
---

The first time into the slot with a single item in the imageList it works
fine. The second time round Python crashes on the first "print image".

The whole script is too big to post (although anyone is welcome to copy if
they want), and distilling the problem down just stops it happening.

Any ideas on why this happens, or if there's a workaround? I tried making a
copy of 'self.currentImageList' and looping over that, but it didn't help.

--
> eatapple
core dump