[PyKDE] Problem installing PyQT on Windows 2000

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Sun Sep 14 03:14:01 BST 2003

Hello,

thanks for replying

> >>So where did it install it? And where did you ask it to install it?

It installs it in C:\python22.

I have all my programs under C:\apps, so I told it to install QT under
c:\apps\Python.

This happens on 3 different systems- two of which are running Windows 2000,
one is running W98SE.
It seems as the installer just doesn't care what the user specifies- and
forces it to C:\Python22

very strange

Why is it that every other package I've installed for python- finds the
python directory, but the installer for QT cant find it ?

thanks

Tony