[PyKDE] KTrader woes?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Sep 10 22:25:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 21:23, Sundance wrote:
> I'm prodding at the under-the-hood niftiness that makes KDE's beauty and
> strength, using the Python bindings, but so far I've not had much
> success, I am sorry to report.
>
> For example, this code:
>
> from kio import *
> offer = KTrader.self().query("text/html")
>
> ... causes Python to segfault.

---------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/python

import sys
from kdeui import *
from kdecore import *

aboutdata = KAboutData("userconfig",'test','1',"test", KAboutData.License_GPL,
"Copyright (C) 2003 Simon Edwards")

KCmdLineArgs.init(sys.argv,aboutdata)

kapp = KApplication()

from kio import *
offer = KTrader.self().query("text/html")
print "Hey made it!"

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/