[PyKDE] Binding special connect functions

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien at dental-on-line.fr
Mon Oct 27 10:09:01 GMT 2003

Hi list!

I'm trying to bind some special connect functions with SIP 3.7. The C++ code
looks like this:
/--
namespace DolSphinx {
void connectVolumeChanged(QObject* object, const char* receiver);
}
--/

Based on the QTimer sip code, I tried something like this:
/---
void connectVolumeChanged(SIP_RXOBJ_CON,SIP_SLOT_CON());
---/

But it doesn't work: the C++ signal to which this function connects is :
/---
void volumeChanged(int)
---/

The binding compiles correctly, I can connect a slot using
"connectVolumeChanged" from my Python code, but whenever the "volumeChanged"
signal is emitted, I get TypeError messages like this:
/---
TypeError: setValue() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
---/

It seems the emitted signal does not contain my "int" parameter.

What's the way to bind this kind of code?

Thanks for any help
  Aurélien